Author’s tips from the book, “So you’re engaged, now what? The journey from engaged to married”
- Author’s tip: Ask the minister what his policy is on photography. Too many couples have spent a fortune on a photographer only to find that the minister tells them to put the cameras away during his service!
- Create an email address for your wedding like firstname.lastname@example.org and use that whenever you are asked by suppliers for your email address.
- When you find a supplier you like, book them and pay the deposit. There are only 52 Saturdays in a year and we get booked quickly. I have some bookings 18 months in advance.
- Take the advice the professionals give you. We have been in the industry for years and we have learnt what works through trial and error.
- Author’s tip: Use a wedding planner
- Author’s tip: Get your will updated at the same time as you get your Ante Nuptial Contract drawn up
- Author’s tip: If you can afford to do a relationship course before you get married, do it. If you can’t afford it, see if you can pay it off monthly or do it after you are married and back on your feet.
- Author’s tip: Chose your Master of Ceremonies carefully. You want someone who knows everyone, can speak well but will not dominate the evening. He really just needs to keep the evening going.
- Don’t forget the photos for the marriage registration
- Author’s tip: Make sure you use a DJ that has experience playing at weddings. A wedding is incredibly difficult to manage as there are ages and tastes varying from 10 to 90. Ask for their back up plan if equipment is faulty or DJ takes ill.
- Author’s tip: I suggest you ensure that there are two photographers at the wedding. When the bride walks into the chapel, one takes pictures of her while the other catches the groom’s reaction.
- Author’s tip: Try to get a copy of the minister’s sermon and ideally give your input into it. See if you can create your own unique ceremony together.
- Author’s tip: Email me for this wedding budget spreadsheet and use it! email@example.com