10 Research based marriage vows – Article by Samantha Joel – Psychology Today
Shared by the marriage expert, Stephen van Basten
1. I promise to respect, admire, and appreciate you for who you are, as well as for the person you wish to become.
2. I promise to support and protect your freedom; because although our lives are intertwined, your choices are still yours alone.
4. I promise to always strive to meet your needs; not out of obligation, but because it delights me to see you happy.
5. I promise to be there for you when you need me, whenever you need me.
6. I promise to nurture your goals and ambitions; to support you through misfortune and celebrate your triumphs.
7. I promise to keep our lives exciting, adventurous, and full of passion.
8. I promise to persevere when times get tough, knowing that any challenges we might face, we will conquer them together.
9. I promise to treat you with compassion over fairness, because we are a team, now and for always.
10. I promise to show you, every day, that I know exactly how lucky I am to have you in my life.
If you enjoyed these, you will love my book, “So you’re married, now what?” You can download it at: www.stephenvanbasten.co.za/author.html
See the full article here: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/dating-decisions/201401/ten-research-based-wedding-vows